Thursday, April 28, 2011

Working with Girls....Restoring my Dreams

Thursday, April 28, 2011


In additon to my previous post, I wanted to remind everyone that there truly is not time to quit. I was a track coach because fitness is very important, especially for girls. It is not just the fitness it about building self esteem. I reminded them after each practice to remeber to not quit because all thing were possible. I also reminded them to uplift anyone who needs help. I was fortunate to have great team helping me. I could not have done it without them.


This entry is not only to remember tthat I not taught the girls here but to remind everyone there is no time quitting, but it is selfish of me as well! I truly was going to let Glitzy Style go and start of fresh. This was a baby that I could not even come up with a name on my own, but friends helped me. I was so proud that I could not wait to secure the name, get a business license, get my LLC! I did them all the next day.


I must say I had many naysayers and I listened to them, sadly. I had allowed people to led me to doubt myself versus following God's lead.


So, girls if you see this know that we all have stumbling blocks but with God's love we can do anything. I almost quit which is so much what I did not teach you. So, in honor of you, I will not quit I will do all that I can. Remember in life, sometimes when things don't work out, it means God has something better for you. In my situation he has restored my dream and allowed to show me a new vision. I also am not giving up you because in fall I will be ready with a new fitness/mentoring program and we have to run one more 5k for old time sake's and we will move on from there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment