Friday, February 4, 2011

Friendship

Friday, February 4, 2011


How do you define friendship? Do you categorize your friends? As women, we learn that we have certain friends that we can count on different things for and then there are our ride or die girls! Do you remember when we kids and we made the little friendship bracelets with our friends? My daughter and her friends make them and the are not supposed to take them off until they fall off. It is supposed to signify they will be friends forever, AKA, BFF's.


I thought about it a lot around Christmas time what would be the best thing I could do for my girls. Of course I was unable to work for months at that that time but I thought wouldn't starting a Pandora bracelets and use them to represent myself and some to represent my girls too. I thought that would be entirely too expensive to do for all of my girls. I can get genuine Pandora supplies yet they were still would be very costly. So, I knew I had to come up with something beautiful. I am actually stuck!!!! I am hoping I get some inspiration from the bead show.


I have recently joined a "Sister Circle" so I really have to come up with some idea, just because we are adults why can't we have something that makes us smile when we think of our girls. I am a member of Zeta Phi Beta, Inc and nothing makes me prouder than to wear my official Zeta Pin. I cherish it so much because it represents something I truly love. So, I know I have to come up with something for us to celebrate our friendships in our lives in an adult manner.


Truth of the matter is without my girlfriends I would be lost, would you? We may or may not have a significant other but sometimes we just have to have a girls. I have a husband but we communicate differently and that is okay because you are in love with one another, but you still need your girls. So, I will continue to ponder on this idea and I cannot wait until I come up with an idea to celebrate friendships! If you have any suggestions please chime in, I would love to hear your thoughts.


My goal is to come up with something "generic" so to speak when someone is looking for something for their friends, but I would also love to be able to design things that YOU think would represent you and your girls best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment