Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Designer

Thursday, February 26, 2009

All of my life, I have had a love for ALL kinds of crafts and in the Spring of 2000 I wandered off into a bead store. The beads truly intrigued me and I immediately signed up for a class, however, my eagerness to learn I bought supplies and beads that very first day despite my first class was going to be in a month. I asked the owner many questions and that night I was able to make a simple bracelet for my daughter! I simply love designing jewelry and I especially love the challenge of creating new designs. Everything inspires me from nature to a song that I have heard a million times that I pick up on a new lyric on at the time.

I have designed so many projects and have taken pictures of very little of them. I just gave them away because it makes me happy to see their faces and it was/is relaxing. My friends have been prodding me to start selling my designs and by all means wear my designs! I do wear my designs, but if someone likes it I usually give it away. I just love it when others appreciate my work. So, now my challenge is to start making at least one piece a day for myself and if you see me with out something I have designed, I owe you a 10% discount, so local ladies be on the look out! (The posted picture does not count as it was from last year.)

I am continuing my jewelry education and my next venture is silver-smithing. I cannot wait to be in the studio! I will be taking classes and using the studio to make my new designs! How fun will that be!

I appreciate your visiting my site and cannot wait to share my designs with you.






0 comments:

Post a Comment